One Ear Society

The Blog of the One Ear Society

one-ear-head

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

ART Basel recall

One workshops going on during all this was conducted by the Bernice Steinbaum Gallery. Several Artists I knew attended Freda Tschumy sculptor, Ellen Girod and Wendy Coad from the South Florida Art Center. and Collector Pat Thompson. I attended on behalf of Fred Hunt who remained in the studio to paint, doesn't that sound familiar. It was about preparing a Legacy which many of us do not even consider while creating our body of work. Primarily good record keeping. i.e when and where you have shown, correct documentation on each and every work that is shown. For the collector this information is also important, to know the documented art will realize a ROI . This was sponsored through the Joan Mitchell foundation. While there we all were treated to a spontanious art performance by an African Cuban American Chinese. It was Poetry in motion and here I was most fortunate to have my new Flip camera. I received a small bird which I shall cherish.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home